Building budget gaming rig. Comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can the X1950XT be used in sli???

Yes I want to know this as well...what is your deal with SLI or Crossfire. You do realize that an added card on average only increases performance 25-40% and your paying 100% of the cost. This is why SLI is stupid and you should just sell the card and get a better single one when you want.

What I would do, because I don't really like SLIing, is sell the card, when a new one comes out. Just how an 8800GTS beats SLI'd 7900GS. Also, SLIing doubles the heat output, compared to a single card.

edit: Sora beat me to it...

Ok more research to be done... Thanks for the heads up everyone... I'll post what I've come up with on this matter...

I guess one more question. If my budget for the vid card were to be $200 and sli was not a concern what would be suggested?

hmm for a 20 dollar difference in price I don't see how anyone would choose the 7900GS unless they just didn't have the extra 20 in their wallet.

As for the overclocked 7900GS destroying the stock 7950GT...I really don't understand this argument as of course as it's not relevant at all because you can just overclock the 7950GT and the 7900GS will have no chance.

It's just like arguing that a P4 overclocked can outperform an AMD 3200+ but the fact is the 3200+ overclocked will leave the oc'ed p4 in the dust.

As for the x1950xt...yes I agree that's definitely the nicer card...but the point is that the 7950GT is only 20 dollars more than the 7900GS and they both are on rebates.

I was looking for cards under 150 usd...look above that and the next best card will be the x1950xt

Well the argument wasn't that the 7950GT couldn't be overclocked too but it was just to show that the gap isn't as much as shown becuase the 7950GT doesn't overclock AS high as the 7900GS can in terms of percentage of performance when stock.

Like I said after rebate that BFG is a good deal and anyone who likes rebates go for it ( I just hate MIR though)

For 200 bucks the X1950XT will destroy any card around it's price range. It competes with the 8800GTS 320 in benchmarks.

I understand gurusan, and I agree with you on the whole 7950GT is just $20 more than the 7900GS thing. Sometimes I get like that. No hard feelings right?

But now it's on to the X1950XT.

Well the argument wasn't that the 7950GT couldn't be overclocked too but it was just to show that the gap isn't as much as shown becuase the 7950GT doesn't overclock AS high as the 7900GS can in terms of percentage of performance when stock.

the bfg 7950gt overclocks to around 600-610/1550 memory stock...and around 700+ core with volt mod...so the above statement isn't true.

My point is that the 7950gt outperforms the 7900GS in basically all cases

btw no hard feelings for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom