Monitor for 360 PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manifesto V

Solid State Member

Hey, well first post and i would just like to say i know little about tech type stuff. Anyways i want to buy a monitor so i can play my 360 with a better quality screen, i'm currently using a old rear projection tv and want an upgrade. The monitor will only be for gaming and watching dvds as i have a laptop that i use for all computer related stuff. Heres my want i'm thinking of buying as its in my price range. Its only for my room so 22" is enough.

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/33606...screen-TFT-Monitor-With-Speakers/Product.html

1. 1680x1050 (WXGA+) is that good picture quality is it 720p?

2. 1000:1 is that good contrast seems good to me comparing to offers but i don't know lol.

3. Can i definatly connect it to my xbox via a vga cable.

4. Will i have to install anything or will it just boot the xbox straight away.

5. Can you recieve any tv signals , say if i got a freeview box (probally sounds stupid)

6. Generaly will this give me a good quality picture and sound.

Thanks for any help.

The resolution and contrast ratios are both good and you will be please. VGA connection however will not give you superior quality especially with Hi-Def graphics. Try to find something with DVI or HDTV inputs to get the most out of your 360 or anything for that matter.

Disregard the post above. I run my xbox 360 on my 22" monitor via the vga cable and it looks awesome. You don't have to install anything for the monitor, just plug it in and it will start working. You can't get tv signals on the monitor alone, you would have to buy a USB tv tuner for your laptop, then run your 22" through your laptop. It will give you good picture quality, but laughable sound quality. You could buy a cheap sound system for it.

My apologies, I thought the VGA cable might diminish quality. I do not have a 360, I was speaking just from experience with VGA with the PC. I have had bad experience with Ghosting and waves on the screen.

thanks very much, what would the sound on this monitor be like, Built-in speakers: 1W x 2 integrated, would that be good enough sound quality or would i need to buy some extra speakers. Thanks

You would definitely need to buy a speaker set. I don't know how available Logitech speakers are wherever you're from, but you could buy a set of logitech's x-230's or x-530's. I have their z-5500's and just for comparison, my system has 500 watts RMS, your speakers are 2 watts RMS

lol yea i'll get a set then i live in N. Ireland should be able to get my hands on that kind. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom