CPU Temp low 80s on load and 50-68 on idle

Status
Not open for further replies.
clean out your heatsink and all the dust from the inside of your case. take off the intel heatsink, clean off the processor and heatsink surface with some isopropyl alcohol , at least 70%. put on some artic silver, just a small line down the center. reapply heatsink .

test your temps again.

P.S. gosh those were very high temps. I hope you havent damaged any of your hardware. I bet the aux was your southbridge temp .

Ugh I dont understand why people persist on using that program. It sucks! It reads temperatures wrong for the most part. Try Everest Home Edition and see if the temperatures are different. If their not then sorry, I was wrong.

^^ yeah hopefully it is reading them wrong.

but the slow down in games does fit with an intel proc clocking down due to overheating

No it wasent reading it wrong lol I got everest ultimate edition and it was reading the same.

ANYWAYS: I just got done swapping my cases to Antec Senota III with extra 120mm fan and an aftermarket CPU fan with heatsink, and I am down to mid 40s on idle and low 60s on load.

What I found out was my old CPU fan and heatsink was clogged with dust... I mean I wish I took a picture of it... Dust on top and in between the metal the fan was blowing nothing... Now I see why my temps were up. I am guessing this happened because my comp is on the floor/carpet and the side was opened. I raised my comp right now and closed the cover with the new case which is really nice and quiet.

---
--------[ EVEREST Ultimate Edition ]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------[ Sensor ]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sensor Properties:
Sensor Type Winbond W83627EHF/EHG (ISA 290h)
GPU Sensor Type National LM63 (ATI-I2C 4Ch)
Motherboard Name Asus P5LD2 / P5WD2 / P5WDG2 Series
Chassis Intrusion Detected No

Temperatures:
Motherboard 38 °C (100 °F)
CPU 51 °C (124 °F)
GPU 62 °C (144 °F)
GPU Ambient 45 °C (113 °F)
Maxtor 6Y080L0 29 °C (84 °F)
Seagate ST3160023A 35 °C (95 °F)
Seagate ST3320620AS 39 °C (102 °F)

Cooling Fans:
CPU 2428 RPM
Chassis 1389 RPM

Voltage Values:
CPU Core 1.27 V
+3.3 V 3.26 V
+5 V 4.94 V
+12 V 11.90 V
+5 V Standby 4.95 V
Debug Info F F3 8B FF FF FF
Debug Info T 38 51 116
Debug Info V 9F E8 CC CC CE C3 C4 (03)
Debug Info I A1 8863

I hope your not overclocking.what case do you have and how is hte air flow in it? The air flow might just be the reason.

I am thinking that the temp is broken also. cause the computer should have shut off due to it overheating and apparently it didn't. I would try a new case see how it is make sure at the least it has a 120mm fan in the front and one in the back. That will improve your air flow and should reduce temps. If your case only has a 80mm in the back i would upgrade it to a 120mm and see what happens.

If your aiming for an after market cooler then i would get the zalman 9500/9700 there great and known to be silent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom