This mobo plus this ram?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah definitely. but man when the 3000mhz ht stuff comes out paired with ddr3 that will run at those extremely high speeds we are gonna see some kick-@$$ memory intensive application performance. oh. my.

So to get this straight. In AMDs, theres two multipliers. One is for the CPU and one is for the HT link (is it also called HTT?). So the FSB or external clock?...is 250MHz, and you multiply that, by the CPU multiplier and the HT link multiplier, to get 2.75GHz and 1000MHz(2000MHz), respectively. Also in AMDs, the FSB is the channel that the CPU communicates with every component, and the HT link, is the channel that the CPU communicates with the memory? And is that where the memory controller comes in?

So in the X2 5600+'s situation, the FSB or external clock is 200MHz. Multiply by multiplier of 14, gets you 2.8GHz. And then multiply FSB by 5, this time I guess, to get 1000MHz(2000MHz) for the HT link.

whoa...I'm surprised, my brain hasn't froze on me yet. I'm sorry for the long post.

I'm also sorry, if we hijacked your thread, panzer...

oh, btw, b1gapl how is that monitor you have in your sig... I have a viewsonic vx922 right now, 2ms, 19'' screen. I was thinking about going widescreen and bigger.

I'm very satisfied with it. The reason, I bought was because of the price. Alot of people complained about the DVI slot though, dying on them after three months. I just never used it, VGA is fine for me.

If you really want a good one, get the Samsung 226BW 22" 2ms:
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 226BW Black 22" 2 ms (GTG) DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 1000:1(DC 3000:1) - Retail

Another good one:
Newegg.com - Hanns·G HW-223DPB Black 22" 5ms HD 1080P supported DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 1000:1 Built in Speakers - Retail

Im liking that Samsung, Ill bookmark that.. I figure in a few months when amd phenom comes out, Ill put a new order in for probably that monitor, a second 8800GTx, and a quad core. That should work out. Thank you. :)

b1gapl youre kinda right but kinda wrong lol.
amd's dont need to be 1:1
the divider system of amd is completely screwy dude...very confusing until you study it for awhile
for example:
if a rig is running 250mhz external clock, ram set at ddr2 800, cpu multi at 11, ht multi at 4
250 x 11 = 2750mhz/7(the divider for ddr2 800 setting)=ram is running at 392mhz. the ht link (ldt) will be 250 x 4 = 1000 (doubled to 2000) mhz. so, plenty of headroom to run the ram as fast as possible with no bottleneck. he could run it at ddr2 2000 theoretically. lol woot woot thats fast.
the hypertransport is amd's ram "pathway" if you will.
the ht will be 2000mhz on that cpu, so in theory he has a s***load of headroom. you can drop the ht multi to 3 (from 5) and still get full usage of the ram.
lol 533 clockspeed aint unlikely on that cpu...more like impossible.

lol u lost me .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom