upgrade suggestions please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok.. well I guess here goes it... This is what I got from newegg.com.

COOLER MASTER Centurion 5
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-UW Black Aluminum Bezel, SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

BIOSTAR TFORCE 550 Socket AM2
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-UW Black Aluminum Bezel, SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

EVGA 256-P2-N615-TX GeForce 7600GT 256MB
Newegg.com - EVGA 256-P2-N615-TX GeForce 7600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ Brisbane 1.9GHz
Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ Brisbane 1.9GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 Processor - OEM

G.SKILL 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) System Memory - Retail

ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 64 Pro
Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 64 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler - Retail

Ne thoughts or suggestions? Thanks bigpal and kobe for suggestions.

And yea.. what should i do about my old stuff? junk it or use it? lol

Oh yea and forgot to mention the price on newegg for a subtotal is 373.95 and afterwards with tax and shipping will be 428.27. I guess that is kinda budget... makes me kinda excited and wanting to get it by the weekend. so I have three days to have fun assembling and testing it out woohoo

Looks like a great budget list. Oh...oops...I forgot you're going the AM2 root. I'm just so used to suggesting the Freezer 7...lol.

But your old stuff. I'd say if it still works, use it for your parents.

That list is a very good budget. He has the Arctic Freezer 64 which is good. BTW how could you suggest a Tuniq on a budget that low lol.

Haha well yea thanks for the suggestion guys... As of now I already ordered the parts this morning. And the funny thing is... that newegg in my state is only like 30 min away from my house.. so I'm supposed to expect the delivery tommorrow woohoo!!!

hahah.. so fasat kinda got me excited. And I went and bought STALKER I hope its a good game to play since I havn't played a PC game in like 4 months.

Oh yea and once its built ur probably gonna see me posting about some suggestions about OC my cpu, ram, and video card. whichever is necessary. I hope eeverything goes well.

And oh yea this was a budget... just because i don't want to waste too much until july. heh.

Oh.. another question. Since I'm waiting till July.. to purchase the true pc rig I want... should I bother like getting the other stuff I do want? like the ram case psu and etc.. and just wait for that day for the cpu? or is there a possibilty that the other items might drop in price and I should just wait all together?

Yea just wait all together, there might be other price drops. But then, since the CPUs are dropping, I was thinking it's possible, they might increase prices on other components? Since they see demand going up on CPUs? I remember when C2Ds first came out, the ram prices were just sky high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom