1440 by 900 resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh My God!

actually those cards dont look too bad! and i was thinking for his peace of mind he will know he has a pretty good card

These are the two cards I have seen being sold close to me that are pci. ATI Radeon 9250 128 mb and Evga-e-geforce fx 5500 128mb. Which one would be better? The Geforce is $10 more. ANd, would both these cards be able to give the resolution I need right out of the box or would I need to Find drivers for them?

i had a fx5200 (well a fx5200 gpu on a mx4000 card) and it hit 1600*whatever, so it should hit it. my bud got the actual card, and he gets like 2800*somehting (i dunno, cellphones suck), and i have the mx4000 in the pc next to me, and ive gotten that thing to 1920*1080, so it should work.

also, you can use a tool called...ooh what is it i cant remember what it was for the life of me right now. ill edit back with it.

yay i found it, its called powerstrip.

PowerStrip - Free Software Downloads and Software Reviews - Download.com

These are the two cards I have seen being sold close to me that are pci. ATI Radeon 9250 128 mb and Evga-e-geforce fx 5500 128mb. Which one would be better? The Geforce is $10 more. ANd, would both these cards be able to give the resolution I need right out of the box or would I need to Find drivers for them?

I'd just get the radeon and save the 10 dollars...the geforce supports directx 9.0 while the radeon doesn't...but since you won't be gaming I don't think that's an issue.

Well, I spent the day scouring the stores for a pci card and came up with a Radeon 7000, so I'm hoping I'll be able to get the res I want, if not I'll take it back and get the 9250 which the guy at the store said would definitely give me the proper res. I went for the cheaper card because it was 40 bucks instead of 80, so hopefully it will work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom