This mobo plus this ram?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im going SLI in a few months... 700 would provide plenty of head room, besides the fact that I have a ton of USB devices.

Im still hesitant to switch ram, as I really like OCz, not so comfortable with the Gskill...

I really need that extra few seconds in photoshop, its seriously is killing my hard drive.

Thats where RAIDing the the Seagate 7200.10 320gb HD will come in. It's as fast as a single raptor, and less money, and also gives you a ton more space.

The Corsair 520W is SLI certified. If you're not satisfied with that, the Corsair 620W, is plenty enough too.

Stay with OCZ if you want. We were just trying to get the best for your money. Just that almost anybody in here, will suggest the G. Skill over the OCZ.

I see.

I'll probably go with all the ocz stuff, kinda stubborn that way. Really money isnt much of an object, Im just starting to feel the hurt with my current processor, and I wanted everything else to own also.

Dude gskill FTW. And i'll recommend the Sennheisser HD280 pro's from newegg.The sound on these headphones are extremely accurate.

Why get DDR2-1066 ram but yet an 8800GTS? Go for the GTX...

OCZ PSU's ripple very bad. I for one do not suggest them and if you look most people do not recommend them for very expensive builds. Corsair, Seasonic, Silverstone, FSP, PCP&C, Etasis, Xclio, etc are all better and what I would rather run on a 2k Build. The PSU won't blow up on you or anything it's just that there are many better units that do not suffer from ripple on the 12's than an OCZ.

As stated OCZ makes good ram but why get DDR2-1066??? You can easily get a cheaper DDR2-800 kit of OCZ and hit those speeds and upgrade yourself to the GTX. You can go with OCZ if you really love them but your waisting 70 bucks is all and G.skill is more reputable, faster, cheaper, and offers better service.

Please also tell me why you are going AMD with a budget that high. Intel currently make the best chips and the E6600 is better than that. I realize that you have a bit of fanboy thing going on but your build could be more powerful while being 200 bucks cheaper even if you wanted by going with things that we know work, have been recommending, and are the best bang for your buck.

Im pretty much building a pre "phenom" build, one that I can bios update, through a phenom in there and have quite the beast.

Intel hasnt ever appealed to me, and Yea I got the fanboy thing going on, but my Athlon 64 3700+ has done me well for these two years, I just want long term stability..

I can tell you right now, my OCZ 520w Modstream psu hasnt ever skipped a beat for these two years ive had it.. Ocz is again a brand that I rely on for stability.

Ok, I guess I give, pick the perfect PSU and ram(besides the gskill).. lol

Sora, you have allergies right now? Seeing as your from uniontown, aint that far from me.. mine are killing me, this **** heat/humidity doesnt make it any betta.

That's a pretty good choice. Crucial is known to get high overclocks too. For perfect PSU, Corsair is the one to go. Either the 520w or 620w version.

I havent even heard of Corsair psu's, I know their ram is good, but are they fairly new to the psu market?

I was going to go with a more reliable brand like PCP&C?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom