Are Full Tower Cases Neccessary?????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

macdawg

Daemon Poster
One of the things I often worry about is heat. I want the most stable pc humanly possible at all times, able to be overclocked, game for hours and hours, and have it running 24/7. I know overclocking requires ideal conditions so I ask, are full tower cases necessary?

I do not mind the extra size of ATX computer cases, and hardcore pc's are almost always built in ATX full tower cases.

Do atx full tower cases do a much better job for cooling? I don't care about having tons of bays for hard drives I'll need two hard drives at most, and one optical drive.....

the bigger the better most of the time coz its makes for better air flow!

mid-to-full are good too, just make sure u have front intake fans, back exhaust fans and maybe a side and top exhaust too

the antec 900 and gigabyte aruora are good cases

not to mention it's more suitable for upgrades as it will have more room to fit those huge parts in there.

wait, if you have a mid-atx case with a ton of fans, wouldn't it have better air flow because the air has less distance to travel, and fewer places to go?

Generally, a mid ATX will provide enough space and cooling options fo ra gaming PC, even a heary one. However, with many of teh newer GPUs and the rediculous lengths you almost need a full tower to fit some of teh **** things, lol.

Sounds to me like you really want a full tower.

Some are huge however....the one in my sig is so huge, it will handle 2 power supplies....it came with wheels if you want to put those on....coz its huge and heavy!

my htpc suits me I have modded in two extra 120mm fans and the it runs like a beauty. It isn't really about size though its how you use it you need to have good wire management so theres a nice clean flow of air and the main factor is noise/performance you could put some delta focus flow fans into pretty much any case and the 120mm version move 180cfm but they are around 60db so high performance high noise

Before my curent PC I remember that I had a mid tower with side window when those were starting to be the "appeal" to most people making they own rig but I got bored and tired of dealing with a small case ( note* mid towers are not small but in my opinion they are to me) and the last case that I bough was the Sunbeam Transformer that is very similar to the Gigabyte Aurora but the height is between a mid tower and a full case (note* if you search for the case it will be most likely group with full tower cases) and that my friend is my story :).

sorry for hijacking this thread but for some reason I cannot create a thread. When i do it says it has to go through moderator before it can be posted. Ive tried posting threads yesterday and I cant see it. PFft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom