Changed a few things

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just ordered everything :D thanks for all your guys help i dunno what the **** i would of done without your help

A questions I have is that on my old PC's harddrive I had 32bit ultimate installed on it. Now that computers psu or cpu crashed and just doesnt work anymore.. its abit of a old computer and was going to move on soon anyways.

My question is that is there anyway I will be able to hook up my old harddrive with 32 bit vista on it to my new pc just to get some files off of it then copy them to a usb stick then switch back to my new harddrive and load whatever back on.

Connect the old hard drive, to the new pc, as a slave. Then, just boot up, take the files out, and transfer them into the new hard drive.

How do I do that? there both sata harddrives so couldnt I just swap the cables from the new harddrive and connect them to the old one. but im not sure how to connect it as a slave?

theres a pin on the hdd u have to take the thing that covers the pins of and cover up the other pins that say slave. there sould be writing on ur hdd thats says

m, sl,

Sometimes SATA hard drives, don't have those pins I believe. So the new hard drive will be master, and the old is the slave. To do this, go to the BIOS, and in the boot sequence or priority, set the new HD first and the old HD second.

Cant I just only attach the old harddrive and take the files off then take it out of the computer and attach the new hdd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom