4 pin 12V on PSU, 8 pin on MOBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the light doesn't stay on all the time....AND I don't get the error anymore.

I think I'm am just going to send back one of the hard drives and the floppy drive, and forget RAID....its not worth the trouble.

P.S. I did not have any problems setting up RAID on my ABIT mobo.

doesnt raid make the failure rate twice as high?

Kind of, for RAID 0...and it's the risk that some people take, to get a performance boost, out of their hard drives. Some people do a RAID 0+1 or 5, for performance boost, and security.

Please do not take your frustration on your EVGA motherboard, EVGA is dedicated to improve products for the enthusiast. Therefore, EVGA assumes its products are in the hands of experienced users. If you did not know a 4-pin connector is able to power a motherboard that has an 8-pin connector, then simply explain your situation, instead of placing blame on the manufacturer. Thanks and have a nice day.

(I do not work for EVGA, so do not ask)

hey man good point. i think evga is meant for the scavanger or someone with alot of knowledge of pc's. i mean ill pull a pc from the trash, strip it, throw it in my bag, and go home, no pictures, nothing, no manual, etc...and either make it work. i have tried everything from a slot1 and slota to a lga775 (fried pent D...dell, must i go further?)

but yea, the parts with little manuals are meant for the enthusiasts. my mobo also had a crappy manual, but the little info that they packed within those 16 small pages is enough to write a book with, if you know how to read it. and most of those manuals dont have a bios section in it too, just mobo, because bios always change, hence term software, motherboard doesnt, hence the term hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom