Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-N680SLI-DQ6

Status
Not open for further replies.
nay....Way too expensive. It does look like a good motherboard, but chances are, you won't use all of it's features, that it has to offer. For example, do you really need quad gigabit lan, or the 10 SATA ports?

hmm quad gigabit lan huh? That is 4 LAN ports in the back of computer, wtf is anyone going to do with 4 LAN ports when really the computer needs one?

the RD790 will have dual gigabit LAN ports but i dont mind it, as long as i have the money to get it n 2 Agena FX 2.6.

nay....Way too expensive. It does look like a good motherboard, but chances are, you won't use all of it's features, that it has to offer. For example, do you really need quad gigabit lan, or the 10 SATA ports?

ya i dont see a point in having quad when one is all anyone needs, may dual, but i wouldnt know what the other one would be for, i.e RD790.

true.

so who do you think this mobo is aimed at ?

oh and I also read a pretty good review of the Intel D975XBX2 (Intel 975X) - BIOS 2692 motherboard on anandtech.com

heres the link:
AnandTech: Intel P35: Game Performance Update

lemme knw your view too.

and how are you doing?

lol...I'm doing fine. Thanks for asking.

The DQ6 is aimed at the hardcore enthusiast, who have the money, and feels like he/she, has to have the best of the best.

The 975x, I heard is a good chipset, for the higher C2D models. But I'd suggest the 965P, especially if you are overclocking. Don't know much about the P35, except that it will support DDR3 and DDR2. Also has a native 1333MHz FSB. Looks good though.

lol...I'm doing fine. Thanks for asking.

The DQ6 is aimed at the hardcore enthusiast, who have the money, and feels like he/she, has to have the best of the best.

The 975x, I heard is a good chipset, for the higher C2D models. But I'd suggest the 965P, especially if you are overclocking.

and the ASUS P5K3 deluxe that supports the ddr3 ?

Either the 965P or the 650i, because they are usually cheaper, and easier to work with. The favs from both chipsets, would probably be the Gigabyte 965P-DS3, and the MSI P6N Platinum 650i.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom