Problem with BOTH my pc's

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamD

Solid State Member
Hopefully someone can help me out here.

1st PC I assume is a motherboard problem, be it incompatible with the CPU or RAM, or both.
I've replaced the motherboard in this machine because the last one failed, the one I got sent as a replacement was a.....EliteGroup L7VTA board.
Apon installation of everything (Athlon 2600 XP Thoroughbred chip, Samsung PC3200 512mb stick of ram) and installing windows XP
Once everything's installed and working, it reboots without warning
I'm using the PC at the moment, but if I open say...media player and go to play a mp3 file, it'll start playing and if i'm lucky it'll play 30 seconds of the song before rebooting.
Sometimes it'll just reboot when surfing the web.

2nd PC, I can't even install windows on this one
I've tried both Windows XP Home and Windows XP Pro
Trying to install XP Home and it'll boot off the CD and say "Setup is inspecting your computers hardware configuration.....", then the screen will go blank and that'll be it......30 minutes later and it's still there.

When trying to install XP Pro, it'll get abit further, but say random stuff, mostly about the CDRom drive being inaccessible?
Just now it said...."Please insert the disk labeled %cdname% into drive A:

Weird thing is, it's also throwing up spelling mistakes in some of the fonts?

Windows has not been installed.
If t'ere is a floppy disk ins..... (Notice the ' where the H should be)
It also says at the bottom.
ENTER = Restart Ckmputer

WTF
Earlier when trying XP setup from DOS, when it was copying the files it said something about the files being different when it was copying and was normally due to a hardware failure
I've replaced the CD drive with a DVD one and it still does it......

Goddddddddddddddd
Any ideas?

1st PC:
It may b because of an underpowered PSU(Power Supply Unit).
Remove all the unnecessary part not required for bootin like PCI cards, cd drives,dvd drives, floppy drives etc and then boot.
If there r no reboots then it can b confirmed that ur PSU is under-powered.

If this doesn't solve ur problem then maybe ur problem is with excessive heat dissipation. Try coolin ur cabinet. Also check the temperatures usin Motherboarb Monitor.

The PSU is 500 watts
All i've got is a 64MB Geforce 4 Ti4200 card, no other cards installed
On board sound and network
I've got 2 harddrives and 1 CDRW drive

rakesh_1024 said:
2nd PC:
I think its a RAM problem. Try installin XP using the RAM from the 1st PC.

I was thinking the same as well :(
Looks like I need to order some ram if that's the case, i'll test it in the morning

maybe ur problem with 1st PC is with excessive heat dissipation. Try coolin ur cabinet. Also check the temperatures usin Motherboarb Monitor.

Just installed motherboard monitor
According to the two graphs, the CPU is at 41 Celcius and the case temperature is at 40 celcius.

No ideas.........hmm......just try switching parts out...maybe it's a faulty PSU...because that's what i fault it was at first...a under powered PSU...but it might be faulty

Possible I guess
It's been running for the last few hours and has only rebooted once thus far
That was while running windows media player, smartftp and internet explorer
I'll try running a game later, hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom