Suggestions to complete build

Status
Not open for further replies.
b1gapl said:
Have you, a video card?

No I don't. Jeez, I can't believe I forgot about the video card. Thanks for the suggestions. Assuming I use your suggested PS, optical drive and case, the current total is $844 without the video card. I might need to rein in a bit on the other stuff. Going to check prices on video cards.

I think it should work. The problem with their site, is that there is so little choices from the drop-down menus.

well, can u wait a couple of months, coz for that price, in july u can get a quad core. and ur memory and ur hard drive link dont work.
if u cant wait , then here are my suggestions.
u should consider the e6320 because it is almost the same as the e6600 but is a bit cheaper and overclocks really well.
Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E6320 Conroe 1.86GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail
i dont know anything about that memory, but i wouldnt recommend it, u should go with the gskill hz
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
go with a gigabyte ds3 mobo or a msi sli-fi, they are cheaper and overclock really well, and perform really good for their cheap price.
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 (rev. 1.3) LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
or
Newegg.com - MSI P6N SLI-FI LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

go with this psu, i dont think it will dissapoint u.
Newegg.com - Rosewill RP550-2 ATX 2.01 550W Power Supply 115/230 V CSA, CB, TUV, FCC, UL - Retail

go with this video card, or bump up to a 640 mb one if u have more cash.
Newegg.com - EVGA 320-P2-N811-AR GeForce 8800GTS 320MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail

i really like this case, but its just IMO, choose which ever one u like
Newegg.com - NZXT LEXA-NP Black/ Silver Aluminum Construction Plastic Front Panel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

this is a good cd/dvd burner
Newegg.com - SONY NEC Optiarc Black 18X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 18X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2M Cache E-IDE/ATAPI DVD Burner - OEM

these are only my opinions, and do what u think would be best
the total comes to about 880$
good luck

Some great ideas. I like the case. Is space the only difference in a mid and full tower? It seems mid should be just fine, but just checking. And what did you mean by the mem and harddrive link don't work? Quad cores will be down to $225 by July?

I have this power supply unused in the box just sitting around (free after rebate). I have reservations about using it with this build. Are my reservations justified?

power supply

Recently I've heard that Ultra makes good power supplies. I think the X-Finity series.

Yes, the quad core 6600, will be around $270, on July 22.

The obvious difference between full tower and mid tower, is the space. And this system should have, no problems in a mid-tower.

Anybody know what Siddanth3 meant by saying the harddrive and memory link won't work? Seems kind of important.

Anybody else want to weigh in on the Ultra V power supply?

Thanks.

oh...lol...he meant that the links you supplied, for the memory and hard drive in your first post, didn't work before.

lol i was gonna comment on the links a while ago but laziness got the best of me, ok so have u decided on waiting or buying quick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom