have to upgrade..need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

devk1983

Beta member
hi guys,
i currently hav a p4 1.9 ghz system with 256 mb ram,40 gb hard disk and a nvidia geforce2 mx400 graphic card and the motherboard is a via chipset with a 4x agp slot and no pci express..lately i hav been thinking of upgrading my system bcos it is unable to support all the latest games...so guys what do u suggest...i hav a very meagre budget of rs 9000..

should i go for a intel 965 motherboard with a ram and hard disk upgrade???would the onboard graphics on this board support all the latest games????and also wud just changing the board do the trick with me sticking to my p4 1.9 ghz for this board?????

You have a budget of 9000 US dollars? or you said something like "rs". Anyway, I'd suggest you get a whole new system. Your system, is so outdated.

Welcome to T.F.!!

its 9000 Rs, now does the cpu play a major part in gaming...can i just upgrade the motherboard,ram and hard disk and stick to my p4 1.9 ghz...

now does the cpu play a major part in gaming...can i just upgrade the motherboard,ram and hard disk and stick to my p4 1.9 ghz...

You'll need to go all the way. That 1.9 is a socket 478, and it has gone the way of the dodo.

The major part in gaming, is the graphic card. But if you just want to upgrade, than I suggest you upgrade, the motherboard, get more ram, and upgrade the graphic card.

The 965P are good motherboard chipsets. Especially for overclocking. Actually, The 965 chipset, doesn't support your processor, since it's socket 478. They only support socket LGA775 CPUs.

If "rs", is Nepal currency, than I guess that equals like $150?....more or less..

If you want to play the latest games, I would suggest you get a new CPU. Since you mentioned the 965 chipset, that would require you to change the CPU, because it does not, support yours.

To make sure, on what Trotter mentioned. What currency is "rs", devk...Nepalese?

its indian rs and amounts to 220 us dollars...wat are the onbard graphics on 965 equivalent to ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom