Suggesstions on Heatsink for CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris0201987

Solid State Member
I finally built my new pc, but the **** processor keeps over heating.
when I go to the bios the temp is anywhere between 60-75 which is really horrible. Im using the crappy stock heatsink that came with the cpu and it doesnt seem to be doing the job. Since i have built in AC the rest of the PC temp is anywhere between 18-26C which is good.

Any suggesstions on a good heatsink for the processor. (price doesnt matter)

MassCool NexTherm CS-ICS8200 Black ATX Mid-Tower Case wth Built-in Air Conditioning
Intel D975XBXLKR Mobo
Intel E6700 2.66GHz
EVGA GeForce 8800GTX 768MB
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS Platinum 7.1 Channels PCI Interface Sound Card
OCZ Gold Series 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5400)
OCZ GameXStream OCZ600GXSSLI ATX12V 600W Power Supply 100
SAMSUNG 18X DVD±R DVD Burner With 12X DVD-RAM
LITE-ON Combo Drive Black IDE Model

Tuniq all the way. The best air cooler, you can get. lol...You didn't have to list your specs. It's already in your sig.

Zalman cnps 9700 or the turniq tower. The stock cooler should be enough if you don't overclock. Did you install it incorrectly.

Scythe Mine or Scythe Ninja.

However, reguardless of the heatsink, the easiest way to lower CPU Temps and all other temps for that matter is to simply lower the room temparture.

i seen the Tuniq T-120-LFB 120mm CPU Cooler - Retail on newegg.com for $69.99 but im wondering if it would be good to use the thermal grease that comes with it or to buy Arctic Silver 5 thermal grease?

AS5 is a must!...for thermal paste.

wow..I didn't know they had a different model for it, because the only one I know is $64.99....I guess the difference is that fan controller, and blue LED fan. Not bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom