Trouble Reinstalling Windows on an HP

Status
Not open for further replies.
This requires a floppy disk drive. I don't have one. Is there a way to put it on a CD/DVD? Or do I need to get an external disk drive?

you can get an external usb floppy drive. just make sure it is hooked up when you turn the computer on. that is one flaw about XP and other previous versions of windows. they will only accept other driver files from the floppy drive (A:)

Most HP PC's Block you from doing anything like Reinstalling a New OS.. havent you got any Recovery Discs ?

???

import the driver into xp with nlite. I have a friend who own a business (the computer doctor). he can't never reinstall windows on these new hp sata drives. so he have me install windows on them. I import the drive into xp with nlite. he just bought me a usb floppy drive so I can bypass that step

Would it work from a USB Thumbdrive? I have never tryed it. When ever I do an HP/compaq I just use the Hidden Recovery Partition. Yes there is alot of crap that comes with them and it could free up alot of space by deleting the partition but it sure is alot easier.

I've used the recovery option a few times but it does not fix my problem. I still have the same "file not found" error on startup that I did before I recovered.

Have you tried the to install when you are booted into windows like when you are at the desktop, insert the cd, it should pop up, choose the windows version you want, put the serial in if required, then it will reboot and it may or may not give you the same issue, its a hit and miss. If I were you, download inlite and slip the driver in a new windows installation or get you an external floppy drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom