sli overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey nagasama, high-five bro! you joined my little SLI 7900GS club :D. your setup sort of looks cooler than mine though because i have mismatched cards (but hey who is complaining when one is the sweet XFX card i payed a premium for and the other is a Leadtek i got for $60au posted!!!)

R6V gives almost no performance gains with SLI unfortunately :( try changing the name of
R6Vegas_Game.exe to Reliccoh.exe

or

UTGame.exe

overclocking in SLI should overclock both cards. the nature of SLI makes this a certainty as both cards must be run at the same clock speeds, therefore overclocking one will overclock the other.

i remembered hearing that the xms2 is a ripoff and that other ram like mushkin or gskills is better

depends on who you ask i suppose. i can get as much performance out of my corsair as gskills i reckon.
i have had this very pair running at 4-3-3-9 @ over 1000mhz. and i run them all the time at 4-4-4-12 22 1T @ 2.1v over 900 mhz. now, sora can get his gskills a little higher, and i probably could too. i wouldn't suppose that everyone would have as good of luck as we have. as far as being "a rip off" well...they aren't really because the price is down and wether they are the best or not...these corsair that i have are pretty d*** great.
really as far as any ram being able to outperform another (ie run faster at tighter timings), or "kill" it...that depends on whose hands they go into. not everybody gets the same results. i can work miracles with ram, using a little patience and some voltage. zot.

nitestick word up.
i had the same deal come up. too cheap to pass on.
you need to send me a membership card, man. what will changing the exe name do? make the cards think its a different game? i feel dumb...

yea, 79 series SLi is the way to go if you can get a second card cheaply off ebay etc.

I almost regret that I didnt get an SLi board with my C2D build, would have been nice to slap another GT in.

hey nagasama, high-five bro! you joined my little SLI 7900GS club :D. your setup sort of looks cooler than mine though because i have mismatched cards (but hey who is complaining when one is the sweet XFX card i payed a premium for and the other is a Leadtek i got for $60au posted!!!)

R6V gives almost no performance gains with SLI unfortunately :( try changing the name of

or

overclocking in SLI should overclock both cards. the nature of SLI makes this a certainty as both cards must be run at the same clock speeds, therefore overclocking one will overclock the other.

not quite.... the cards can be diff speeds, but they will be scaled closer to the speeds of the lower card, but i think u will have it oc'ed all at once.... and congrats on the the xtra card my man!

I installed my 2 bfg 8800 gtx watercooled the other day, sli'ed them. I gotta admit the watercooling was a big waste of my time, my case is not exactly huge but the gpu's take up all the space lol.

Play olivion max setting...so all shadowson full ect

go and fight some magic ppl in forest and use some magic spells ureself =p

then watch the magic..sooooooooooooo smooth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom