sli overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nagasama

disgruntled ex-moderator
hey fellers..
put my 2nd 7900gs in on monday. woot woot turned everything as high as posssible on bf2, no sweat...need a harder game. got rainbow 6 vegas w/ my 3600, but haven't installed it yet. heard it was pretty graphically intensive, is that right? need more of a test than bf2, cos they aint got no problems with it.
anyway, my real question is this:
i overclock my gpus with riva tuner. now, i can only make adjustments to one of the cards, even though it detects 2 (in some screwy riva tuner way). so, if i raise the clock just like i would with a single card, does it overclock both equally since in effect sli is one card?

If you wanna stress the cards, play Oblivion on an outdoor area, with the highest possible settings.

I believe when overclocking in SLI mode, it overclocks like it would be, as if it was a single card. That's why you only see, one set of sliders for the core and memory. So when you move the slider for the core, for example, it's doing it for both graphic cards.

And SLI isn't better than, the 8800GTX, because the 8800GTX will pretty much crush it, if you're referring to SLI 7900GSs.

meh, s*** no dude. an 8800 kicks the crap out of sli'd 7900gs's.
but i got a deal i just couldn't (and didnt want to) pass up on on my second new one.
sli 7900gs may not pwn the 8800...but it slaps my single card all around like a little girly-man.
now, why didnt i sell my 7900 and go 8800? because i am going to use it in another build when i am ready. a build for my mom, and both of these cards are top notch basic rig cards. plus, theres just something appealing for me about sli. it just looks cool lol.
speakin of:

slione.jpg

slitwo.jpg

lol...yea..SLI does kinda look cooler, than seeing just one graphic card, but I'll pick the GTX over SLI, any day.

nice looking, clean case and wiring, by the way...

thanks man! these are actually the first pictures i have ever posted of my rig on the forums....just had to do it.
word up on the gtx...hmmmmmm if only i could have gotten one for 80 bucks woot woot **** yeah brother.
i'll get one by the end of the year...maybe way before then, if i get the itch you know what im sayin.

man thats it u got into it if the 8900 doesnt come out im gettin another gtx and sli'ing! woot woot:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom