why is this so cheap?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait whats the best timing to have? and also, can't you mod the timings as well?

There is no best..

However the Lower the numbers the faster the RAM is. (Not speed, but how fast the RAM refreshes itself, among other "things")

The higher the overclock (Therefore RAM is run faster) the looser the timmings will have to be.

Basicallly for that RAM, Lets assume the multiplier is 9, therefore the RAM is clocked under what it can run UNTIL the CPU frequency is around 400.
Therefore you "could" get a 3.60 Ghz overclock on a E6660 when that RAM is running at its designed Speed. ( For DDR2 800)

Assuming the Multi is 9, with DDR2 1250 you could theoreticlly have an overclock of 5.62 Ghz, and at that speed the said RAM would be running at its Rated Speed.

Course thats assuming you have a 1 to 1 ratio FSB to DRAM and no dividers Set.
But again, the higher the Speed the higher the timmings have to be for the RAM.

My RAM Can run 4-4-4-12 @ 3.6 Ghz. Though I never Tried it. (and thats what the package/newegg said, meh)

(Hrmm I think I did my Math right? On a 1 to 1 ratio the RAM Speed is twice the CPU frequency right? And to know the CPU Frequency you divide the overall clock by the Multiplyer, Assuming in both cases its 9 and not 7 or any lower number, meh someone will correct me if Im wrong...)

A-Data ram is fairly cheap but also fairly low quality. I have heard mostly good things about A-data and most people say they can hit 900mhz+ with those modules. Not a bad deal really I guess

Good deal buy it before they run out!
I was looking on getting some more ram soon but a new laptop has become the priority for me. If I lived in the US I would get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom