Upgrading with limited funds

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you put another 7600gt in sli on your mobo? do 7600gt's run in sli?
i put a second 7900gs in my rig monday and immediately raised my 3dmark05 up over 3000 points, with both running at stock. speaking of running at stock somebody help me with my overclocking post.

Yes, the 7600GTs do SLI, but that's no use, when a single 8800GTS, will single handedly, crush them.

tru nuff, unless you can get one for cheap cheap like i got my 7900gs. stave off the dx10 monster for a little while anyway till those 8800 640mb prices drop to a reasonable price.
cdub by cheap i mean like 50 bucks if you can find one for that. if your mobo is even sli i guess that would be pretty important :)
p.s. i wonder how my two cards overclocked would stand against an 8800 320mb? prolly pretty decently i imagine.

can you put another 7600gt in sli on your mobo? do 7600gt's run in sli?
i put a second 7900gs in my rig monday and immediately raised my 3dmark05 up over 3000 points, with both running at stock. speaking of running at stock somebody help me with my overclocking post.

what oc'n post is that?

and if you wanted to hold back on the g8800, you could still sell the 7600gt and get a x1950xt as proposed earlier. and yeah his comp may need a little work but in games thats not what is holding him back. 1gb is plenty as long as he's not running stuff in the background and the PD is not that bad.

ya but i think a pd might bottleneck, an 8800 gts 640, i think the sapphire x1950 xt will suffice (its rumored to be overclockable to xtx [a card that costs another 90$ more] speeds)

I was thinking about upgrading to 2 gigs of ram then after that get a new processor and then finally upgrade to a 320mb 8800GTS. But if yall think i could put a 8800GTS in my rig without any bottlenecking then im for that for sure.

ya u can put an 8800 gts 320 but NOT a GTX, i recommend u overclock ur CPU a bit, to negate the bottleneck if it does occur...

Hey Cdub,

I think your sig is, too wide...I could be wrong. Just put the XFire sig, under your specs sig.

yeah just oc a little, hit 3ghz+ and then an 8800 will do just fine. i doubt they're will be a HUGE difference in performance anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom