Start menu doesn't "remember" in Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfc469

Daemon Poster
My start menu wont remember my commonly used programs in Vista. Every time I restart my computer, the list of programs gets reset to the default IE, WMP, and Welcome Center. The start menu will put the commonly used programs on the menu, but it just seems like it wont save them from restart to restart.

Thanks

Have you shecked your menu properties? To make sure that those are you default programs and all.

I do know that the list of items on the start menu changes when you open a new applicaitons. So that could also be a issue. To remove them from the list just right click and choose to remove them. It doesnt remove the shortcut just takes it off the start menu list. That way you can have the items you want showing.

right click the taskbar, click properties, start menu tab, look under privacy, are those two boxes checked?

@Makaveli213 its not that the list is changing the programs that I have opened, its that its not saving them at all when I restart. All of my programs get erased on restart.

@Warez yes, both of those are checked

It oculd be from CCleaner but it could also be that Vista isnt saving your profile correctly. Do you have anything like Windowsblinds installed or anything like that?

I had this issue to. I believe it has to do with vista's creating "admin" accts. when its initially setup. for ex. if you create a standard user acct. you don't get the option to remove the welcome center until you have logged in at least twice. in others words there's an issue with vista's virtualization.

ok...coming back to this. I did a chat with the Gateway support people and they told me this:
That is actually normal to windows vista. It always restore the default settings of your system when you restart it

Can anyone who has vista confirm this, or does this person just have no idea what she is talking about?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom