HP Media Center PC vs. Sony VAIO Desktop PC vs. Dell Dimension
All w/ Pentium 4 Processor

I'm concerned about -

Build Quality
Reliability
Quality of Devices
Life Span
Costumer Service

What is known to be the best in the price range of HP, Sony, and Dell? I'll list models and features to compare...

Thanks!

Don't get any of these, especially the HP. Build your own or get it custom build at a local computer store. If you buy store-brand-name, you will get a computer with the cheapest parts that can be upgraded little or none at all. I bought an HP Pavilion last year and can't upgrade it, so I'm having to get a new one already. This time I am doing it the smart way and building.

hmmm -

How difficult is it to build a computer? Could one just read from a step-by-step manual? How many hours, days, weeks does it take to built a computer system? AND I would imagine that one would be best off buying a whole name brand printer, scanner.

Any good sources to computer parts?

Thanks for the info!

I have friends that can build a system in 30 minutes. They know what they're doing. Its not too hard, just get a retail case and mobo because you will want the manual. It will explain a lot. Get your parts from Pricewatch.com or Newegg.com. Newegg.com is easier but Pricewatch.com is a bit cheaper. As for Printers and scanners, name brand is fine. I'm in the process of building my first one now, and it doesn't look like its going to be as hard as I orginally thought.

building computers it pretty simple. i got a computer at half the price of a dell with the same specs. use newegg.com all the way.

well i sell some.. and I can prove that the PC completely owns those brand name ones in every which way possible...

no auctions are up now.. but look here http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4134410756&sspagename=STRK:MESO:IT&rd=1

or I'll just quote what I said..
Lets take the three highest priced PCs from three commonly known computer stores:
Compaq X Gaming Desktop from BestBuy <- Our price is lower and mauls this PC in performance!
VAIO Digital Studio™ PC from CircuitCity <- $500 more, yet STILL our PC is faster in every way! See for yourself!
The X09 Gaming tower from CompUSA <- Over $1000 more but still doesn't match!
in auction there are actual links.. but im to lazy to link them here :eek:

Re: hmmm -

Altima Returns said:
How difficult is it to build a computer? Could one just read from a step-by-step manual? How many hours, days, weeks does it take to built a computer system? AND I would imagine that one would be best off buying a whole name brand printer, scanner.

Any good sources to computer parts?

Thanks for the info!

My first build took about 2 hrs, now I can get one together in about 25 mins, it's raelly easy, just google.

WOW!

I like what I see at Newegg.com. I like the idea of having what one wants. I'll defentily look into building my own CPU, thats for sure.

I'll probably go something like -

P4 2.8 / 800 SB / 1MB
512MB RAM
160 GB HD
256 ~ Graphics
CD-RW
DVD-RW (12x)

Need to study on the Specs a bit more. Anyone know some of the best and most popular Memory, Harddrive, Graphics, Disk Drives to get?

Thanks Everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom