Acrylic Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

dumdum8684

In Runtime
I am building my computer and I really want to get an acrylic case...I've read that they can fog up is that true and also do you guys know anywhere that i can get it for cheap...thx

-Aaron

I wouldn't get an acrylic case. I built one last X-mas, what a fu*king nightmare!
That "fog" you are refering to is a thin layer of dust that builds up on the sides of the case; if you get an acrylic case. . . by an ass load of dust-off.

also, the acrylic might look cool once it's put together but, unless you plan on water or vapor cooling your gonna have over heating issues. I've got 5 case fans on my box, and it has overheating problems. The arcylic insulates, and holds in heat

and, with most of these cases. The motherboard mounts on the side of the case. You'd better know exactly what you want inside your box. . . because in order to install an extract dvd drive or hard drive or anyother drive for that matter you first have to REMOVE THE MOTHERBOARD b/c it is attached to the right side panel...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. The thumbnails and descriptions on any website will forget to mention that.

but... it does look beast. maybe i'll post a picture....

yea i think u should do that idea. Another thing that is bad about acrylic cases, is that they crack really really eaisly. If u drop somthing on it, it will eaither crack or scratch. You will be polishing it everyday.. What RY-box is saying really makes sense. Unless if u have fan filters and you clean them out every week or so, its gonna have a layer of dust and its gonna be a pain to get off since u will need to wipe off the whole inside of the case. Just think about doing that every week. I have a XaserIII with a window. I love it. It comes with fan filters also. i would get this case.

yeah go with a window... it's easier and if you do the window mod yourself it's a hell of a lot more rewarding. Plus, an aluminum case lends itself to a whole lot more future mods than an acrylic case. If you DO go with the acrylic... DO NOT BUY IF FROM XOXIDE.... I order my case from them. On the website it said it was RED.... it's F*cking Blaze Orange... I'm okay with it but, I thought i was getting red. They expected ME to pay the return shipping and the restocking fee.. no @#*$ing way.
I ended up writing them an email explaining the difference between RED and ORANGE. . . he he

posted.jpg

ry box they dont make cold cathodes in red. I made the same mistake its a shade of red i guess. But xoxide is good to deal with though its not their fault the product says red on it. I ordered 2 red cold cathodes from a local shop and they got em and i put them on and they were pink. Oh well. Either go with a thermal take or i like the lian li pc v1000 if you are rich or the antec chieftec aluminum full tower case.

mrzeeedler said:
ry box they dont make cold cathodes in red.

thats not what I meant. . The case was supposed to be red.. They said Red on the website, and it's really Orange.

plus, what do you mean cold cathodes aren't made in red? They're all over the place.

I've never had a pink cathode... they're not DARK red, just red.. same as blue, not DARK blue, but blue, all the other colors are the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom