Upgrading with limited funds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cdub89

Daemon Poster
I want to upgrade my computer since enemy territory is going to be coming out soon i want my rig to run it on medium to maybe high settings. The bad thing is i have alot more hobbies than just computers i race motocross and that takes most of my money leaving me with a small sum of money to spend on the computer. I was wondering what i could upgrade that would benefit me most in games. My budget is about $250 bucks no higher.

Pentium D 2.6ghz
Corsair 1 gig ram
XFX 7600GT XXX edition
Ecs Mobo
Xg Sidewinder Case (heavily modded)
Psu that came with the case

Thanks alot for all the replys.

It seems pretty obvious to me and probably everyone that your video card is going to need the upgrade. You could go for the 8800GTS 320 meg, but I think that would cost about 10-20 more and you don't seem to have that..

i would say pitch in some more cash and get the 8800gts 320 mb one. that is a great. other wise go with a cheap evga 7900gs and overclock the **** out of it. and otherwise, stay with what u have, and upgrade to a 8800gts 320mb one when u have 40-50$ more to spend.

ii wouldnt say upgrading from a 7600 to 7900 would have much point. but and 8800gts 320 would definatley do u good. and maybe later on an extra 1gb ram. but even with 2 gig should be fine for mid/high settings gaming. at least from a couple of months lol

If he can't afford the 8800GTS 320 for a little more money, then I'd suggest the X1950XT. It's only $180-190 for the 256mb, and it's such a powerful card for the money....lol....took Sora's words.

u and that card b1gapl. y dun u just sell u comp so u can just frame it on the wall.

very good card though. especially for the price. but im with the 8800 series for now:D

sell the 7600gt and use that cash + your $250 to buy an 8800 320/640mb?

the video card will make the biggest improvement in gaming.

yeah good idea. even with that card tho that comp needs work lol.

extra gb ram, new cpu, psu and mobo then he be set. specially if he got the ds3:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom