Comp CD drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ankush09

Daemon Poster
When I put a CD into one of my drives, notihng happens. THe drive doesnt make noises, the green light on the drive doesnt go on, nor does it load up the cd. It happens to both of my cd drives on my comp. One which came with the comp and one which I put in after. When opening the cd manually, I will have to wait about 5 minutes for the drive to open up after clicking the drive in My Computer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would try taking it out then see waht happens and if it works then you hooked it all up wrong or mabye its a dirt problem which happend to me before or mabye your power supply isent big enough but yet again mabye not.

I tried taking out one of the drives, but it still takes 5 minutes for any cd to load. When i start up my comp with a cd already in it, it loads right away.

Check to see if you have any programs in the back ground that might be hogging your cd-drive when it detects a cd being inserted. I had this problem YEARS ago when i had my old old computer. I had a program that was constantly running in the background, and when i inserted a CD it would spend about 5-10 minutes accessing it.
Have you installed any programs that might be doing this?

Take out everything u don't need like Pci cards, floppy driveetc except ur cd drive and try it out.
If the cd loads ok then ur PSU is under powered else u will have to take us drive to the service centre and get it serviced.

Thank you sithspawn for your help. It turned out to be that there was a program "Windows SR 2.0" that was hogging my drive for the time. I uninstalled it and the drives are working properly now.

One problem fixed, but another occured.
The drive works fine now, but when I put in a cd, after taking it out, the cd is still shown to be there. When I put in another cd after and tkae the first one out, The cd will be shown to be the frist one.

U can try to take the cdrom out n just put in dvdrom c whether still occue the same problem.Remember to make dvdrom secondary master. If no problem, try put in cdrom n set it secondary slave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom