Monitor died, looking for a cheap but good lcd widescreen

Status
Not open for further replies.

stryder2929

Beta member
Hey i'm not well versed on the differences between computer monitors but I would like to buy a new flat panel monitor (i will be moving alot in the next year so this will be best) to replace my dead crt. looking for something between 19" and 22" (obviously the bigger the better without compromising picture quality.)

Ive been shopping on newegg and so far my favorite two choices are:

SCEPTRE X20WG-1080P Black 20.1" 5ms(GTG) 1080P HDCP supported Windows Vista Certified DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 1000:1 Built in Speakers - Retail
Newegg.com - SCEPTRE X20WG-1080P Black 20.1" 5ms(GTG) 1080P HDCP supported Windows Vista Certified DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 1000:1 Built in Speakers - Retail

SAMSUNG 906BW Black 19" 2 ms (GTG) DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 2000:1 DC - Retail
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 906BW Black 19" 2 ms (GTG) DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 2000:1 DC - Retail

my budget is $200, SLIGHTLY (and I mean no more than $10) over is okay.

Can someone tell me if I made the right selection or if they can point me toward a better monitor to buy in this budget. It will be used primarily for word processing, gaming, and online poker.

thanks in advance

Take a look over at Tigerdirect.com They are actually haveing a sale right now on monitors. You can read the ratings from people there as well.

I was under the impression that contrast ratio was rather important, the monitors in the 1st and 3rd links have lower than the ones i was looking at. Am i misinformed, why are these better? Also, there doesnt seem to be anything in my pricerange in link #2. Thanks so much for the help, hoepfully i can find one soon

it looks very nice and the contrast ratio is high. The response time isn't the greatest but that doesn't matter too much. Go for it I say

If it's worth it, it's worth it. I absolutely love mine and as I told my friend about an hour after I turned it on: Try to take it from me and I'll rip your arm off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom