Nvidia's Human Head tech demo, available for download....

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
For those of you, who have an 8800GTX or GTXs, try this out demo out on your computer. It's not the video demo, that I previously posted. This is the actual demo, you can play with:
NVIDIA Demo: Human Head

To evaluate the complex skin shader and HDR lighting, "Human Head" computes 17 offscreen textures every frame totaling over 40 Million pixels, each shaded with lengthy pixel shaders. That's more than 1.2 billion pixels every second! 4096 x 4096 color and normal textures provide photo-realistic detail even at extremely close ranges. All this shading and texture processing requires both a level of shader performance and memory bandwidth unavailable until now thanks to GeForce 8800 Ultra.

Some amazing pics, if you haven't already seen:
screenshot5.jpg

screenshot4.jpg

screenshot2.jpg

screenshot1.jpg

Wehey, i gave the head a good spinning and it brought my GTX to 81 degrees! I used to have a fan strapped to it for extra air intake, but it was too hard to keep attatched!

If thats the workstation card then it would not look nearly as good since the 8800 series are heavy on shaders and lighting and thats what this demo used.

Real time rendering? That human head can almost pass off as real, if only it weren't so smooth. I wonder how long it will be before games have that quality of graphics as standard.

The hardware nowadays is way more advance than the coding and operating system. They need to spend more time on better operating systems, better drivers for a change before moving on the next card after the 2900 and 8800 series if you ask me.

i totaly agree with aa. we have very advanced hardware, but where are the good drivers and programs?

the textures look amazing.

pros: textures look amazing (4096x4096, wow), very detailed ps. great lighting.

cons: where it gets darker (not the shadows) it looks discoloured (example, look at the 2nd pic, and look at the right side of his neck). shadows look too sharp, and a little off (but that's sort of the programmers fault).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom