GeForce 6800 and Pixel Shader 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIG_AIZZLE

In Runtime
Is the 6800 going to support pixel shader 3.0. Because i heard it does and to run half life to as good as it gets you will need pixel shader 3.0.Im looking into a x800 and if it only has pixel shader 2.0 thats mighty dumb. Because if im going to spend 400 or so bucks then i wanna run half life to as good as it gets. So pls tell And good night.

6800 will support 3.0
x800 will not as far as i am aware.

6800 will also fully support dirextX 9c where as x800 will not.

Half-Life 2's graphics are mediocre, anyways, if your computer isn't struggling with FarCry, HL2 should run fine, I mean, they do give you the game voucher with a 9600XT, so I don't think the reqs are gonna be that steep.

I just wanna know if the quality of half life 2 will be alittle below a 6800s because they are the top of the line cards these days and we all know that fx cards beats radeons quality but will it make a lot of differance with pixel shader 3.0.

Wartorment said:
Half-Life 2's graphics are mediocre, anyways, if your computer isn't struggling with FarCry, HL2 should run fine, I mean, they do give you the game voucher with a 9600XT, so I don't think the reqs are gonna be that steep.

They throw in a voucher for 9600se, and that can't even play farcry with pleasing FPS.:rolleyes:

BIG_AIZZLE said:
I just wanna know if the quality of half life 2 will be alittle below a 6800s because they are the top of the line cards these days and we all know that fx cards beats radeons quality but will it make a lot of differance with pixel shader 3.0.

It depends if Half Life 2 uses PS3.0. You could get the X800 however, they would be outdated when DX9.0c games come out which would be a very long time. Personally, i would get the 6800 because with PS3.0 and DX9.0c support, it would last longer before i throw it away.:)

Here is a card i want to get after it comes out:
http://www.bfgtech.com/6800GTOC.html
Nice requirements too.

The Merlin said:
I thought it was DOOM3 that would take advantage of PS3.0:confused:

Doom 3 is an Open Gl game. Since nVidia works wonder with Open Gl and nVidia work with the makers of Doom 3, it "might" utilize PS3.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom