windows/computer error (freezeing on OS re-instalation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawaiian style

In Runtime
ok, first i got that dumb error, windows\system32\config\system missing or corrupt, then i got my disk, and did the repair thing... then for some reason i got to my windows loading screen, and it wouldnt load, so i asked a friend and he said my windows got deleted and that i needed to re-install my windows xp.

ok, so i got it to boot from the disk, and everything runs fine...so far. it gets to the blue screen and it begins to load all those different files, and as soon as it gets to the "setup is starting windows" part, it just freezes...

i have tryed different things like un-plugging and plugging back in my hard drives (using 2) and my CD drive... and it still dosent work. i need my computer this summer inorder for my to do my internship and graduate from highschool.

This is urgent, can anyone help me out with this please?

they are both hooked up now. run is running as slave and the other as master. my friend built this computer so he said the master was supposed to have my OS and drivers on it, while the slave is supposed to have all my games and other stuff.

and i also have a 250g sata hard drive. but my friend said somthing about it not being and IDE or somthing like that.
I dont know if that means it will work or not but yeah... i tryed that and it dosent work >.<

so yeah...

no error code. when i tryed with my sata HD, it couldnt find it.

i tryed booting from HD and it counldnt find it so then i tryed booting from disk but it wouldnt even start up once it got to the blue screen for re-instalation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom