Help with IE 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

eoLithic

Baseband Member
Hello, ever since I have upgraded to IE 7 I now get this outline around certain parts of websites. When I mouse over them it will say Click here to activate these controls once I click in that area it dotted line goes away and all is normal. Can someone tell me what setting I need to change so I don't get this? Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

I forgot to mention I am using XP Professional w/Sp2

Also I have found out that this happens when I mouse over a certain part of any website that is Flash.

It's a built in security feature for IE7. I believe if you go into Tools>Internet Options>Security and turn the security level to the lowest setting would stop it.

OR you can use Opera which is even better than Firefox. Now doesnt that make all you feel warm and fuzzy. Shouldnt we do this in all threads that ask questions.

Thanks for the help, since I already had Opera I guess I will start using that. Is there a way to export my favorites list?

I've never had any problems with IE7... I have FF and Opera installed too, but I never use them, unless I have to check tosee if something is actually wrong in IE7 (and it turns out it wasn't the browser when I had a problem). I like IE way more than FF or Opera, but I like Opera more than FF.

anyway... to answer your favorites question, eoLithic...

Bookmarks > Mange Bookmarks... > File (on the tab toolbar, just below the address bar) > Import Internet Explorer Favorites...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom