Trouble Reinstalling Windows on an HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerves

Baseband Member
OK, so here is the deal. I am trying to do a fresh windows install on this machine
which it has never had done to it before. I boot from the cd-rom drive, I choose which windows I want to install ( windows 9 in 1), it starts setup and at the point that I am suppose to be able to format my hard drives and delete/add partishions i get this message. "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed on this computer. Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected to your computer and that any disk related hardware configuration is correct. this may involve running a manufacture supplied diagnostic or setup program. Setup can not continue." I know HP has all sorts of integrated BS in theses computers. I don't know what to do from here.

Sounds like one of two things

1. You have SCSI and will need find the drivers on the hp website
2. Your hard drive is not connected properly

It did give me the option to do something with a third party scsi. I have no idea what that is. Enlighten me if you please.

Open the case and be sure your H/D is connected properly. Disconnect the IDE or SATA cable wichever you may have and the power cable. Then reconnect the IDE/SATA and power. Restart, go into BIOS and be sure it sees your H/D as primary. Then try to boot from CD and see what happens. You could have a dying drive or a bad cable.

could be that you need a special sata driver or something. which model HP do you have?

also what is windows 9 in 1?

Well I am using the computer as we speak so I would think that the connection is fine. the 9 in 1 is a torrent I downloaded because I don't have the CD for this computer.

First of all, good luck with the downloaded 9 in 1 windows disk, I've used it before and wasn't all that

second, you need the sata drivers to boot to that harddrive to format it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom