Antec nine hundred

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an Antec 900 with an OCZ psu which also has a big 120mm extractor fan on it, i dont have any problems with my gpu temps.
A GTX would be fine in the Antec 900 especially if you fit a 120mm on the side window, that will blow right onto the card.

I too have an Antec 900...don't have a 8800 yet but my 7900GT idles at 46c and is about 75c under 3dmark06....even though it never seems to go over about 65 when gaming...this is on just the stock cooler...also overclocked

Does anyone have experience with the Gigabyte Auora case? What would be some common temps for the videocard and cpu? in comparison to the Antec 900. and I'm assuming from the post that 8800 GTS fits snugly tight in the antec 900.

Pretty much I'm just asking for more detailed info on the auora. I just hear a lot of general adjectives like its good and awesome and stuff .. haha but can i have some specifics please :D thanks

You can never say what are the common temps becuase of the wide amount of difference in the way the chips are made. The temps from the Aurora and 900 would be probably close to the same if not the Aurora a little better having a larger space and more airflow.

An 8800GTS will fit nicely in a 900 but it's the GTX you might have a few problems with. Not that neither won't work in the case it's just I would prefer to have a full sized case with a card as large as the GTX,

got an antec900, I had to actualy remove part of the plastic casing near the fan (removable option so it wasnt hard) to make room to fit the 800GTX (evga) in their, using the 700w OCZ/wiring/mobo in the end it was a tight fit Id say, fans are great and the temp shouldnt be a problem. All fans work, and the 200m fan is suprisingly quiet.

yeah as i said the GTS fits fine without even removing the plastic optional fan mount, but for a GTX i think you probably would need to remove it but its only a case of a few screws and out she comes, leaving a nice big space for the GTX.
Get the Antec 900, i promise you wont be dissapointed with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom