difference between e6600 and e6320

Status
Not open for further replies.
The e6600 will overclock higher in speed, due to the higher multiplier. But it won't overclock as high in FSB, compared to the e6320. I think most e6600, will overclock to 3.3 to 3.5+GHz.

saying u want the highest possible overclock, u want the e6600, great CPU from what i heard... but i've only used an e4300 @ 3.0 ghz, so i guess technically i have tested one lol :)

I think the e6320 can, get up there with the DS3 motherboard, and a Tuniq. But mostly, I see 3.0 to 3.2+GHz.

if you were able to OC e6320 to 3.2ghz and a e6600 to 3.5ghz. Which would preferably be better for gaming for like the next year? I guess i'm saying are there really any games out now or coming out soon that necessarily require to go above 3.3ghz to play really well? or is just going somewhere like 3.5ghz kind of overkill? (say your using 8800gts 640mb and 2gb gskillzram to go along with it.)

The reason why i'm asking is cuz theres a noticeable 60-80 dollar difference? and still trying to take on suggestions as to how should i set up my build hehehe....

i can't even tell the difference between 2.8ghz and 3.2ghz in games with my e6400. either cpu will do you just fine, what you need to concentrate on is your graphics card if your worried about frame rates. if your only looking to get by for a year or so i'd probably save the money on the e6600 and put it towards a new graphics card.

and siddanth3 a 3.2ghz clock is a fairly obtainable oc given the proper board with a e6320 if im not mistaken.

oh i c, well thanks for the help guys. as of right now, i am using a evga 7900gs. i will continue to use that until crysis comesout and try something new. may be a 8800gts 320mb. but lets c how things work out. i plan to keep using my 7900gs till there comes a stage where i really need a better card. and crysis may just bring up that situation. i am not a big gamer, only play css and fear and some other low graphical games. but crysis seems intresting and may try it when it comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom