7950gt or 8800gts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i bought a 8800GTS 640mb and i took it back to the shop 2 days later! lol the framerates in games were pretty much identical to my 7950GT 512mb, since i dont have vista and dont plan on getting it any time soon i thought i was wasting my money right now, so ill wait till vista becomes better by which time GTX prices will have dropped and then i may get one of those and vista.

Ps incase your wondering the games i tried were battlefield 2142 and farcry.

If i wan going to buy the 512mb version i would just go ahead and get a gts, since the price diference is very little. The only thing that kind of interests me is the 256mb version, since i only play on 1024x768. Im kinda torn right now, can anyone tell me about noise level on the 8800gts?

i couldnt hear the 8800GTS in my pc(just like the 7950GT) but still the card isnt any better than a 7950 i know that for a fact.

yeah i saw your post a day or two ago. When i get my money in ill make a final decision, but right now it looks like the XFX 7950gt 256mb, for only 100 bucks. What should i do about cooling it, like should i get like a little tiny fan just to blow the heat off of the heatsink and into my exaust fan? Or should it be fine with just the 120mm fan i have in the back of my case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom