college computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah go down on but not to the e6320 i would go to the e6420. unless ur o/c coz u can push the e6320's pretty far ne way. if u o/c incoporate the money saved to sumtihn else in ur build.

i would oc but im too i dont want to risk my cpu exploding along with other stuff....and i dont know how... :)

another problem is that along with over clocking, most people use water cooling.... and i dont like that because
1) I hate maintenance
2) I dont want it to spill on my GPU and CPU along with other stuff

if water cooling isnt really necessary for OCing then i might consider it....i could get a really good heatpipe cooler like the vapochill micro...its kinda like water cooling only no maintenance and much simpler to setup

hey.....i was looking over my build and was wondering that since im waiting till jul 22, if i should get the same CPU for a cheaper price, or upgrade to a better one for the price of the old one (i was thinking bout goin for the E6850).
oh, quad core....i got a simple question about it....is it worth it cus i hear that u dont get that much bang for your buck out of them (something about them running like two dual cores instead of one quad...which makes sense in its own little way)

Well a quad core that use to be $500+, being under $300, is one heck of a deal. I'd say it's worth it.

i looked over the sheet(update price sheet in the second post) and saw that the Q6600 and the E6850 are gonna be going for the same price or at least close, but the E6850 was at 3GHZ while the quad was 2.4GHZ and some people think that the difference is made up for in the extra cores but some programs don't use the extra cores...so it would be like having fewer 2.4 cores.
is any ofthis true....and if it is, is it safe to go with the quad and wait for programs to use it, or should i stick with dual which should run well with 3ghz either way

If you want dual core, you should just go with e6450, which will be less than $163, I believe. And it will easily overclock to 3.0GHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom