Computer Building Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

internationalballr

Solid State Member
Hey guys, I was actually looking for a new community to join and stumbled upon this place.

Anyways, I'm looking to build/piece together a gaming computer. I was thinking about starting out with a barebones kit from tiger direct.

Visionman Intel Socket 775 Barebone Kit Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4Ghz QUAD-Core Asus P5N32-E SLI Motherboard 4GB DDR2-800 Gigabit LAN High Definition Audio NO Video 580 Watts CFF-VMBB at TigerDirect.com

I know that around mid July Intel's pricing is going to drop, so I'll more than likely hold out until then to see if it gets a little cheaper(I'm feeling the quad core). I know that there are still things I'll need to buy, but what is recommended to go with something along these lines? I'm looking to spend somewhere between $1500-2000. Of course the lower, the easier on me. :) I dont actually have to have this exact one, but relativly similar.

Thanks, James.

welcome to tech forums! first of all how much money do u have to spend and what will u be using this comp for?

Do not go with a barebone kit usually. Just pick out each piece by piece with out help and put it together.

In your price range here is what I would get. I will be using the E6700 becuase thats around what the Quad core should be at.

E6700 $319
2x1GB G.skill HZ's $120
8800GTX $560 or 8800GTS 640 $380
Gigabyte Aurora $140 or Thermaltake Armor $150
MSi P6N Deluxe $150 motherboard, DS3 $130, or P5B-E $150
Corsair 620HX PSU $120 or 520HX $96

I think those are the main parts.

maybe the e6600 instead after drops, if not the e6600 is better for the money coz u can o/c it to a e6700 easy

I'm not actually suggesting an E6700 but rather I put it up there becuase most likely the Q6600 will be around that price and at that price Quad-Core's are a good deal if you have the money.

Either get the E6600, or the Q6600 I say.

Thanks Sora. The only reason I was going to buy me a barebones kit is because I'm not 100% sure how to put it all together and it was less work. I'm sure I can figure it out though. You thinking that 2gb of ram will be enough to hold me over?

I'm definately going with the Quad Core, just because when I got my Tax check back, I had extra money. :)

Thanks Sora. The only reason I was going to buy me a barebones kit is because I'm not 100% sure how to put it all together and it was less work. I'm sure I can figure it out though. You thinking that 2gb of ram will be enough to hold me over?

I'm definately going with the Quad Core, just because when I got my Tax check back, I had extra money. :)

It is less work your right but it's not hard and you will save yourself a few hundred bucks by buying everything separate. 2GB is plenty enough for gaming today and you can just buy another 2GB later if you feel you need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom