upgrading 7950GT to 8800GTS(dont bother!) read why inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
The games were Battlefield 2142 and farcry, i didnt touch either of the games settings as they were already on max from my old card, and both were around 70-90FPS.
V-sync wasnt on either.
And yes i did think maybe my cpu was not letting me unleash the power, it seems i was right.

3 possible issues and they were already mentioned:

1. resoltuion was too low
2. Were the settings on high?
3. CPU bottleneck....

what do you mean resolution too low? i said everything was maxed and i mean everything lol my screens only a 17" LCD and the res is set at 1280x1024

what do you mean resolution too low? i said everything was maxed and i mean everything lol my screens only a 17" LCD and the res is set at 1280x1024

Lower resolutions will show more of the effect of a CPU bottleneck.

Anyway 1280x1024 is decent...if your current card plays your games without struggling then I see no reason to upgrade. :) The 7950gt is still a pretty darn good card

you could since the 7950gt is just fine for now just wait till prices go down on 8800gtx or 8800gts and wait :)

Ya, I don't plan on building a dx10 capable pc until I decide I want windows Vista. Windows Vista= Limited gaming as of right now.

i dunno bout limiting gaming. my p4 system stil runs vista and other games just as good as it did b4. and that systems suks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom