Disable the Fn key on this keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrockRice

Solid State Member
Hello Everyone:

I have a dell inspiron 2650 laptop that has a bad key( Fn) on it that is giving me problems. I had to hook up another keyboard to type this. The darn key is messing up what I type, turns everything into numbers not letters, and im not even touching it. Does anyone know of a utility that I could use to disable that darn key?

Please any help would be great

bye

Hello Everyone:

I have a dell inspiron 2650 laptop that has a bad key( Fn) on it that is giving me problems. I had to hook up another keyboard to type this. The darn key is messing up what I type, turns everything into numbers not letters, and im not even touching it. Does anyone know of a utility that I could use to disable that darn key?

Please any help would be great

bye

I think it's impossible.

Try Fn+NumLock

Thank you for the information. I got some answers also from the dell website, one of the ideas is to replace the keyboard, to the answer above. Which I have decided to replace the keyboard and use the idea above if I have any problems.The keyboard for the laptop is so cheap, got it and shipping and handling for only $20.75.

Thank you people for the information on this,and taken your time to answer my questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom