Do I really need a high-performance Sound Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually the auzentechs are more deticated for a htpc. y by a sound card that doesnt have eax 5.0 and ive heard from other forums etc wen i was thinking bout gttin a sound card that the software and gaming exp. isnt as good.

And the software for X-Fi's is good? Right..

I never said Auzentech's were good for gaming.. The point of the post was to actually find out what he needs it for before recommending stuff. If he wasn't going to use it for gaming, the X-Fi would be shite. Auzentechs are dedicated for anyone that wants premier sound quality, which the X-Fi will not give you.

And kobe, you're kinda useless don't you think? "you got owned" "yea like baron said" Mind contributing some of your own ideas?

As fluffles have stated if you are not gaming then the Creative cards are certainty not the best. They just offer EAX and most people like them for gaming. However there are cards that will destroy the X-fi's in quality and features such as these.

Newegg.com - bluegears b-Enspirer 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail
Newegg.com - AuzenTech AZT-XM71 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Interface Auzen X-Meridian 7.1 Sound Card - Retail

The Bluegears is an amazing card for the price and sounds sick.

Not at all....those cards are better when it comes to sound quality and features for music lovers. The X-Fi's may sound great but for the money they are geared more towards gaming...

I can't recommend a sound card without first know, "Headphones or Speakers or both and what kind"?

Your sound card should be purchased based on your headphone or speakers.

actually yes ive found the creative software very good.
and if he not gaming then it certianly more towards entertainment.

I can't recommend a sound card without first know, "Headphones or Speakers or both and what kind"?

Your sound card should be purchased based on your headphone or speakers.

Well said Havoc...there is no use in getting the b-Ebspirer if you have some X-230's and a crappy 20 buck logitech headset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom