7950gt or 8800gts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan1121

Daemon Poster
I had pretty much made the decision to go with the 8800gts 320 mb, but im looking at the XFX passive cooled version, and having a few second thoughts. My biggest concern is sound, after this x850xt i don't wanna hear anything outta my graphics card anymore. Also, it's About 50 bucks cheaper for the 512mb and 100 dollars less for the 256mb version. My resolution is stuck at 1024x768 because my second screen is an old dell 17" crt. So what are my best options right now? I have 400 dollars to spend, but thats including a new psu(the corsair 520w for 120) So basically 280 to spend on graphics at the max, but i could allways use some more money to put toward a car. What are your suggestions.

Yeah ill look at zipzoomfly for the psu. Im just concerned that my second monitor will be a bottleneck for the 8800gts and i wont be getting my moneys worth.

Games won't stay this quality forever and even at 1024x968 the 8800GTS 320 will have a hard time maxing out everything soon enough i'm sure. If you have the money then go for it as it will be used. However if you want to get your money's worth right now then get an X1950XT 256mb for 180 bucks as those things are fast for the cash >.<

I still say get the 8800GTS if you have the money as it's sick.

Hey Sora, do you think the X1950XT, will drop further, when the rest of R600s are released? Or was that price of $180, the cut? I really want to get one.

Yeah i have the money for it, plus i might look into a better quality monitor later on. How noisy is the 8800gts? I wanna be able to leave my computer on overnight for folding and torrenting. The lights are no problem to me, but noise level is.

The X1950XT was originally 210 bucks and it has been dropped down to 180 by Connect3D but I'm going to bet you will find one in open box or a sale or something soon enough...I wan't one too soo bad. >.<

What a sick card for the cash.

Yea, one of the best bang for your buck, graphic cards. I mainly want it, for folding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom