Final build, should I go ahead and order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Power

Mr Beans Sidekick
Ok well i took some suggestions from my last topic but im still not 100% on it so I just got a few more questions.

Is everything completely compatable?
Am I getting the best bang for the buck? Can I get something better for the same price or a little bit more.. Can I get something with the same performance for cheaper? Is my cooling good enough?

PS. Ive never built pc before

Sorry if i seem very annoying and keep asking this its just im spending alot of money which takes me along time to save condisering im 15 and working partime making minium wage.

Parts

Xion II Black ATX Mid-Tower Case with Clear Side Front USB and Audio Ports and 450-Watt Power Supply XON101 in Canada at TigerDirect.ca - $86.99

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.40GHz Processor with Fan (Retail) & a FREE copy of Supreme Commander PC Game in Canada at TigerDirect.ca - $332.99

OCZ StealthXStream 600-Watt ATX 120mm Fan SATA-Ready PCI-e Ready Active PFC Power Supply OCZ600SXS in Canada at TigerDirect.ca - $119.99

EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB GDDR3 SLI Ready PCI Express Dual DVI HDTV HDCP Enabled Video Card 640-P2-N821-AR in Canada at TigerDirect.ca - $439.97

Sony DRU-120C Multi-Drive 16x DVD±R Burn & Read 8x DVD+RW 6x DVD-RW 5x DVD-RAM 8x DVD+R DL 4x DVD-R DL 48x24x CD-RRW Black Only Internal DVD Burner - Retail DRU120C in Canada at TigerDirect.ca - $49.97

OCZ Platinum Revision-2 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Dual Channel Memory (2 x 1024MB) OCZ2P800R22GK in Canada at TigerDirect.ca - $119.97

MSI P965 Neo-F Intel Socket 775 ATX Motherboard Audio PCI Express Gigabit LAN USB 2.0 Serial ATA in Canada at TigerDirect.ca - $132.99

Seagate 320GB 7200 16MB SATA-300 OEM Hard Drive ST3320620AS in Canada at TigerDirect.ca - $99.97

Subtotal: $1,472.82
Total(Shipping+Tax included): $1,743.29

thanks alot :)

IMO, u should wait till july 22 when the prices of the intel's cpu goes down, and u might be able to get a quad core for the price that ur spending right now. this build is not bad, but i recomend one of these mobos as they perform good and overclock well.

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 (rev. 1.3) LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

or

Newegg.com - MSI P6N SLI-FI LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

for the psu, thats a good psu, but i would go for any of the corsair ones.

ya, definately go with the gskill hz memory dude, they overclock very well.

anyways, these are only my opinions, you do what u think would be best
good luck with your build

oh ****... i linked it to newegg..... u live in canada right... sorry

ya i live in canada. I can never find the stuff on tigerdirect that ppl list on newegg. I dont think tigerdirect carrys G.Skill stuff and i cant find those mobos on tigerdirect :(

oh and ya i was thinking of waiting till July 22nd but thats far away... is the performance a real big difference from the duo to the quad?The 8800gts might go down in price also by then

I have the case and it's nice heh. I would get the DS3 over that motherboard but it should be nice too. The OCZ ram if it's a good deal should work nicely. Overall it's a good build :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom