Building New PC! Need Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

Ok even better suggestions coming at me. Thanks again even though there was like 6 of them which I didn't really know as to what they were pertaining to...oh well hahaha.

Any ways it seems like theres kind of 2 seperate builds being looked at and that was suggested.

First:
Intel e6600
Gigabyte DS3
8800 GTS 640mb
2GB of GSKIL RAM
and a few other components that would make up the rest of the computer--which would probably add up to $1200-$1600 of a budget.

Then there was this new build which contained vernong's build:
AMD 64 x2 3600+
BioStar TFORCE 550
7900GS or if I prefered the 8800GTS
2GB GSKILLz
And a few other parts that would make up the rest of the computer--which would still budget under $1000. Which is also appealing.

I guess my question is what kind of rig am I looking to building? I know the one that costs more is ofcourse going to put out better performance and the other is more of a bang for my buck kind of output.

To refreshen everyones memories I'm looking for this as a gaming pc playing like MMORPGS, FPS, RTS, and especially looking forward to the new Starcraft 2. But I'm also looking for something that will last me more than a year or so without having to really be needing an upgrade. And I guess.. It wouldn't hurt to overclock. Just never really knew how or the ultimate benefits from it.

If you guys don't mind. I'm needing a few more suggestions and replys hahaha. Thanks Much Appreciated.

If you overclock the X2 3600+, to 3.0GHz, I believe it's performance, can be compared to a stock e6600. Or an overclocked e6400. I could be wrong. The X2 3600+ build is a great bang for your buck system. The e6600, is a great system, if you want more bang for a little more money.

Yes an X2 3600 at 3.0ghz is very comparable to a stock E6600...I believe actually it beats it in a few tests.

hmm... so if the x2 3600+ OC clocks in faster or about the same as a stocked e6600... then wouldn't a e6600 be superiorly awesome when OC? haha dilemmas...

What do u guys suggest in the long run?

Since OC seems to be the way to go. Once I get whatever CPU I get.. I'm gonna be looking to you guys for help hahaha. And I do currently have $1200 to budget with and can go wherever it needs to. but of ofcourse I want to aim for the long run! Like what matches up better with the DX10 games and Vista OS? or should I just buy cheaper and OC and just worry about buying a powerhouse one when the time comes?

YAY I think this is my 4th post? I'm turning into one of you guys now >< haha

Here are two list that I have came up with:
Mid Price AM2
Total is $1,116.91
(If you replace the 8800GTS 320mb, with the 640mb version, the total comes to $1,201.91.....which I think is a better deal for the money, than the Intel build. The 640mb version will serve better for gaming on that monitor, than the 320mb version.)

Mid Price Intel
Total is $1,291.91

c2d r better tho cuz they o/c really well so even if the amd can get to its stock when u o/c it , it will beat it again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom