The ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro is AMAZING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow.... i am amazed that you can push a e6300 to 3.1ghz on 1.328v.

No, that voltage isn't right, CPUZ has never gotten my conroe voltage right. I'm at 1.3625.

I think my setup is getting towards the end of it's OCing capabilities because even with higher voltage, 3.2 isn't stable. Right now I have it stable at 3.185. I think my problem is my motherboard since mine is one of the very first ones they made. That's fine with me though, just under 3.2 is pretty fast and will last me awhile :) My next upgrade will be quad core, but that probably won't be for at least a year.

My temps are fine when running at 100% load with any program, except ORTHOS. When I was stressing it, that program was getting it up to 57C!!! That program is freaking crazy...

The Arctic Freezer pro 7 is not better than a Tuniq or a Zalman...but theres three reasons why it's still an amazing choice.

-Can be had for 24 bucks on SVC.com
-Will keep an E6300 under 60 load up to around 1.44 Vcore as long as you have decent other cooling.
-The Thermal paste pre-applied is very good as well and you don't need AS5 really, i mean it's fine to put some on but I didn't as Arctic is who makes the best thermal paste and their MX-1 i think it's called is whats pre-applied.

The bottom line is the Arctic Freezer will keep your C2D under 60 load up to around 1.44 Vcore, and at that voltage most E6300's will hit at least 3.2ghz.

3.2ghz for a 24 buck cooler that doesn't "need" AS5 paste since the stock is very good already. Compare that to about 60 bucks+5 for paste on a Zalman and you may see 7-8 temps cooler. Are there still better coolers? Of coarse...but if your not going extreme i don't think it's worth it. Don't expect to go CRAZY overclocking either like 1.5 Vcore becuase it simply is not able to handle that.

Regardless I suggest this cooler to anyone who wants to do a pretty good overclock and is on a budget. Get one off of ewiz or svc though as newegg is a rip.

No, that voltage isn't right, CPUZ has never gotten my conroe voltage right. I'm at 1.3625.

I think my setup is getting towards the end of it's OCing capabilities because even with higher voltage, 3.2 isn't stable. Right now I have it stable at 3.185. I think my problem is my motherboard since mine is one of the very first ones they made. That's fine with me though, just under 3.2 is pretty fast and will last me awhile :) My next upgrade will be quad core, but that probably won't be for at least a year.

My temps are fine when running at 100% load with any program, except ORTHOS. When I was stressing it, that program was getting it up to 57C!!! That program is freaking crazy...

1.36 is still a good voltage i was expecting something like 1.4v to hit 3.2ghz. ahaha. however, the e6300 is 65nm so maybe thats why you can get such low voltage.

i don't own an interl duo core or a 65nm processor so i won't know much about these things..

I'm sort of unsatisfied with my Freezer 64 pro. Even though I got it for like 21 shipped on Newegg, and I used AS5, I have this 3700+ at 2.9ghz 1.35v and it still overheats in any game/stress test and eventually crashes. I have to use this really heavy duty fan from Radio shack.. it's this one RadioShack.com - Computers: Components & parts: Cooling systems: 4" Cooling Fan that I have to sit over it so I can run games and stuff.. I have it modded/hooked up to a 12v 1000mA AC transformer so I can plug it into a socket in the wall :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom