8800 GTS cooler solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

dead.pixel

Solid State Member
While I know it might not be necessary, I'm looking to buy an aftermarket VGA cooler for my eVGA 8800 GTS 640MB (system specs below). I'd like to keep my system running as cool as possible!

I have a 120mm fan installed on the side screen of the case, which is just about even with the GPU, and I was looking at the ThermalRight HR-03 Plus:
PC Perspective - Thermalright HR-03 Plus 8800 VGA Cooler Review

Any discouraging or encouraging thoughts? I've tried to overclock in the past and haven't really achieved significant results.

It has to be much better than the stock. And I've heard good things about Thermalright.

I just bought a Leadtek 8800GTS 640MB and ive also got an Antec 900 case with a 120MM fan in the side window, my card sits at around 49-52 idle and goes up to about 55-60 depending on what game i play but i think the standard cooler must be pretty good because the temps are not any higher than my old 7950GT 512MB.
What temps are you getting? im pretty happy with mine considering my room is always pretty warm aswell.

i want to get an aftermarket cooler for my bfg 8800gtx. im waitin for the new zalman ones to came out

the 8800 series coolers are already fairly good theres no reason for another cooler unless u want to really o/c heavily

The room where I have my PC is usually pretty warm. Just yesterday I was getting idle temperatures of about 56-57 degrees, which seems a little ridiculous considering it wasn't overclocked at the time. I'd really feel a lot more at ease if I could cool it down for overclocking. My system stability has been suffering a bit when OCed.

And Kobe, I'm also considering waiting for the Zalman coolers to come out. As you can see from my sig, I like Zalman products ;). However, that ThermalRight cooler looks totally boss.

That cooler looks nice, but only if you don't wanna add any other cards... it takes 5 slots! that rules out if you wanna add a wireless card, USB, sound card, etc... if you not OCing,. then I wouldn't worry about it... in most reviews I have read, the 8800 series run kinda hot anyway... I have had mine up to high 60's under load with no worries...

I'll take your word for it.

There is a way to mount the cooler that would take up no extra slots in my mobo, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom