Cable Connection Disconecting Overnight, Reconnect Software Available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaxter

Beta member
I am trying to download a massive bittorent file, but my internet connecntion disconnects every 30 mins or so. Is there any software out there that would automatically reconect me and then my shareaza client would just auto resume. As of now I am having to click off and then on my modem every 30 mins. Its getting tedious and I still have 700 megs of file to go. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit your connection settings in your modem properties to never disconnect. It is most likely set to disconnect after 30 minutes of idle time or some other predetermined time.

Well, sometimes it drops after 5 mins. It just did. I just wish there was some software that would detect I had no connection, and then automatically reconnect or reset my modem.

There should be an autoreconnect or redial somehwere in the modem properties..what file sharing program are you using? once simple solution C-A-B-L-E...lol j/k.

I am on cable. When the connection cuts off then it wont come back on until i click on and off the modem. I will look in the properties, hopefully there will be something there.

try looking in the power management (i think it's called, at work so can't check it, use win2k here :( ) tab of the modem properties and see if the 'allow computer to turn this device off too save power' is selected. i had this problem and unchecking that stopped my problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom