How to improve my build!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, im just looking for some advise, i will take any honest criticism and thats what im kind of expecting...so if you tell me any new parts to buy, any to throw away and so on. Can people also send me links of other parts please :)

Thanks, khan008

Enermax Galaxy 1000W EGA1000EWL ATX2.2 Modular PSU.
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro 7.1 Soundcard.
Zalman Reserator2 Fanless Water Cooling System.
(2x) Seagate Cheetah 10K.7 300GB ST3300007LC 10,000RPM SCSI 8MB Cache (Ultra 320-SC2 80 Pin).
Crucial 16GB (4x4GB) DDR2 PC2-5300C5 Dual Channel Kit.
Asus Striker Extreme nForce 680 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme Edition QX6800 "LGA775 Kentsfield" 2.93GHz
LiteOn LH-2B1S-490C 2x BD-R/RE Blu-Ray SATA DVD Writer
BFG GeForce 8800 GTX Extreme WaterCooled 768MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI

Honestly I would ditch the 16gb ram and just get 2x1gb or 4x1gb...the larger modules are quite new and have loose timings and will most likely not clock very high.

Also I do suggest getting a cheaper quad core like the Xeon X3210 and overclocking it ...it's much cheaper and you should be able to hit 3+ghz no problem.

One last thing is that I recommend the Corsair HX620w power supply. There's no need for the 1000watt enermax.

Honestly it seems like you just sorted all the components on newegg by descending price and just added the most expensive items to your basket without really thinking about what you were doing ...lol

One more thing is that I would recommend against going with the Zalman Reserator. It's a decent water setup but it's designed mostly with silence in mind and not efficient cooling.

The quadcore produces a lot of heat and to be honest I don't think the Zalman is up to coping with it... and if you do overclock I would definately get something else.

A good kit is the Swiftech.... Newegg.com - Swiftech H20-220-APEX-GT CPU Liquid Cooling Kits - Retail

You can find it here ...it has active cooling and will do a much better job...also the fans aren't very loud and you can undervolt them if you find it too loud.

The best would be to piece together a custom kit though :)

noob.jpg

wow, this place just keeps getting better everyday. Here's my comment.

"Before you go and just list all of the most expensive components and make yourself look like a complete noob, think twice, then hit the delete button."

OMG thats alot of GB 16 MAN! haha don't think really need that much GB haha but that machine will last you very long time haha plus no OS can even count over 4 GB haha

Windows Server 2003 can read up to 100GB
Windows Vista can read passed 4GB

4 Gig is all you will need, Plus you would need x64 version of windows to use even 8gb of the ram. 16GB is useless unless you plan on running windows server lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom