amd or intel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
amd's were always better for gaming up until the release of c2d.
to O.P. amd do not require anything special other than the basics that you listed.
price cuts rule...chop chop chop. i still say i won out buying a 60.00 cpu. (i paid almost 200.00 for my old am2 x2 4200, and this 3600 is just as fast and stable and overclocks MUCH better) it's not as fast as a c2d, but it cost 1/3 as much. and it's pretty fast, in any event.

really depends on ur budget... amd for cheaper like <800

but Trotter gave u an excellent build for the money, its Sora's trademark :)

talkin about the e6300 whne it was what...180 dollars? yeah sorry i forgot about the others.
in any event, the 40% lol price difference isnt supported by performance, because an e4300 doesnt perform 40% better than my 3600. to put it another way, my 3600 doesnt perform at 60% of an e4300. to put it another way, the 3600 is still the better deal. now, you may not agree (but you're wrong lol), fine...but you need not be so standoff-ish maroon. everyone here has their own opinions and everyone here makes mistakes.

If I was spending $100-$200 I would get an X2, more than $200 I would get a Core 2 Duo.

I am planning on building soon, but it is mainly because I want to play Crysis. So I am going to be patient and wait for it to come out, wait for C2D to get cheaper, and wait for DX10 cards to get cheaper....and for a little competition from ATI. 2900XT was an ok start, but I have heard it gets too hot.

I will probably wait til August and get an E6600 and an 8800GTS if I can afford it.

you may not agree (but you're wrong lol), fine...but you need not be so standoff-ish maroon

I didn't say that I disagree or agree... Just read my post again

everyone here has their own opinions and everyone here makes mistakes.

Did I prevent you from expressing your opinion ? No

Just reread my post above, I was only correcting your mistake about "1/3 the price" thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom