khan008 here is a run down of what is good and bad with your build

Status
Not open for further replies.
well I don't know if this will work but you could put a quadro card in your spare pci-express x16 slot no to sli but to run independently I have never heard of anyone doing that though. The 8800gtx is a gaming card whilst the quadro is for workstations it is more suited for your design work :D but they do cost the same as a small child

what case do you have khan???

i have the Zalman HD160XT
(2x) Seagate Cheetah 10K.7 300GB ST3300007LC 10,000RPM SCSI 8MB Cache (Ultra 320-SC2 80 Pin).
Crucial 16GB (4x4GB) DDR2 PC2-5300C5 Dual Channel Kit.
Asus Striker Extreme nForce 680 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme Edition QX6800 "LGA775 Kentsfield" 2.93GHz
LiteOn LH-2B1S-490C 2x BD-R/RE Blu-Ray SATA DVD Writer
BFG GeForce 8800 GTX Extreme WaterCooled 768MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI
Zalman HD160XT-B Home Theatre PC

u should get sli and u could completey destroy games

But he's an architect/designer aswell hence why he has such a powerful system and I recommended a quadro. The 8950gt's will be released it would be better to just sell his current 8800GTX then and then sli 2 8950's if he is going to do sli it only gives you at max a 40% performance boost

You may want to consider getting a network storage rack and place it in the attic or you could buy a dummy build and fill it with cheap basic components in a large case e.g.

mobo: amd with on-board graphics am2 board
cpu: 3600+x2
ram: some from your current system
hdd's: 10x500gb in raid5 this will mean 4.5tb of storage as raid 5 is the total hdd space minus the largest drive in the array, Raid5 allows for data security as all the information is striped between the rives and mirrored so if one drive breaks the ata is not lost and you can put a new 500gb in the raid array and it will repair the array buy using the smaller back ups on every other drive

But he's an architect/designer aswell hence why he has such a powerful system and I recommended a quadro. The 8950gt's will be released it would be better to just sell his current 8800GTX then and then sli 2 8950's if he is going to do sli it only gives you at max a 40% performance boost

You may want to consider getting a network storage rack and place it in the attic or you could buy a dummy build and fill it with cheap basic components in a large case e.g.

mobo: amd with on-board graphics am2 board
cpu: 3600+x2
ram: some from your current system
hdd's: 10x500gb in raid5 this will mean 4.5tb of storage as raid 5 is the total hdd space minus the largest drive in the array, Raid5 allows for data security as all the information is striped between the rives and mirrored so if one drive breaks the ata is not lost and you can put a new 500gb in the raid array and it will repair the array buy using the smaller back ups on every other drive

good idea thanks very much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom