CPU Temperature runs at 60c while IDLE and up to 80c

Status
Not open for further replies.
the fans on the PSU don't do your computer any good just the PSU. It don't cool the computer down at all. I have an Antec 900 which has plenty of fans.

just make sure the airflow is going in the right direction.
watercooling is not neccessary unless you can go really high-end. the cheap s*** will just give you grief. a high-end air cooler will work as good as cheap watercooling and you dont have to worry about leaks.
i don't really think watercooling is ever a requirement unless you are pushing some heavy-duty overclocks. but, this is a hobby and some folks like it. and it looks cool.

the fans on the PSU don't do your computer any good just the PSU. It don't cool the computer down at all. I have an Antec 900 which has plenty of fans.

I disagree with this statement. If you put better fans in your PSU it will increase it's efficiency and cause less heat to be dispersed in your case.

Ok, update.

I just installed my new ASUS P5N32-E SLI, and the temperatures have remained the same, so it clearly was not the sensor...

what now?

Still 60C idle, 80C load? Maybe the software, you're using to monitor temps, is giving a wrong reading. What does the BIOS report, on the CPU readings?

Could it be a defect in the Zalman? What's the air cooling in your rig, right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom