monitor goes black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Everything to Nothing
hi my week old hyundai 19" widescreen monitor appears to be working fine then when it gets past the scrolling bar on vista it goes black,

if i try and enter the bios, the bios shows up for about a second then it goes black

do you think i should take it back or is it a problem with my pc?

It's not the OS or other hardwares there since it goes black right after you enter the bios. It's going into hibernation or standby mode on it's own suggesting factory defect.

ok thanks, im taking it back on thrusday to get it fixed or replaced

If you just bought it I would. That isn't normal unless you see a mode setting option where you can set it to constant on or timed standby like an energy saver mode? Most are system or software controlled. But to see it as soon as you power up? No! factory defect!

ok i replaced it for a samsung which is way better, i asked the guy in the shop what was wrong with it and he was like "its faulty" lol

I can imagine you are glad to see that one replaced fast. Hope the new works out well for you.

yeah its greta it has a much better stand (its height adjustable and rotates) so yeah im pretty pleased

Samsungs are one of the best for LCDs and quality. Glad you exhanged it for a Samsung.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom